Architecture + Historic Preservation + Planning + Urban Design + LEED Consulting
The firm Sulton Campbell Britt & Associates, P.C. (SCB) was founded as Sulton Campbell Architects in 1964 by John Dennis Sulton, FAIA, NOMA and Leroy Miller Campbell, AIA, NOMAC, in response to the growing demand for greater African American participation in the design profession in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Since that time the firm has grown from three employees to as many as thirty-one. In 1968 SCB established an additional office in Baltimore, Maryland. The firm was incorporated in Maryland in 1972. The firm named changed to Sulton Campbell Britt & Associates, PC in 1999. The firm has always been actively involved in planning and urban design. The roots of this focus dates back to the early 1960s when the founding principals of the firm spent their off-hours working with community groups in Washington D.C. and Baltimore, MD. That concern for the quality of the human environment in urban settlements is a common thread throughout the firm's practice. Our founders believed that only through the coordinated interaction of the physical, economic, social and behavioral sciences can a successful framework and architecture be created for the development of harmonious places in which to live, work, learn, worship and play. We continue to carry those beliefs and practices today.
John D. Sulton, FAIA, NOMA
1912 - 1994
Leroy M. Campbell, AIA, NOMAC
1927 - 1977